Editor’s letter: We’re always here for you... now please help support our journalism
- Credit: Archant
Since 1864, the Hackney Gazette has been there with you.
Right now we reach more of you in print and via digital than we ever have before.
But now more than ever before, our work to inform and entertain you is in danger - and we need your help to build a sustainable future for our title.
Over the years we’ll have made you think, made you smile, made you angry, made you proud of the borough.
The Hackney Gazette brought you the Paul Foot Award-winning Hidden Homeless investigation into the role of private hostels in the housing crisis, as well as extensive coverage of the Met police spy scandal in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
It has also led the coverage of railway arch traders’ campaign for protection and fair rents.
And in recent weeks and days we have reported on the tragedy unfolding around us - where health professionals put themselves in danger to save lives. And where other workers such as bus drivers are also on the front line, with some sadly losing their lives.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Journalism is already under pressure and coronavirus is making finances even tighter. The arrival of the internet means thousands of readers get their news for free online
We are inviting readers of our websites to give their financial support to our work. You can contribute any amount you like, as a one-off or a recurring contribution. To get behind us, simply click on the yellow box at the bottom of this article.
I believe that accurate, useful, honest, local journalism is vital to our future and I know you believe that too.
That’s why I hope you will help us. Every single gesture of support will keep us fighting for you and our region.