Hackney girl in running to win Marks & Spencer TV contract
An aspiring star from Hackney is one step closer to getting her foot in the world of showbiz, after reaching the final 12 in a nationwide talent search to be a TV presenter.
Bubbly Alicia Sadler, who lives in Upper Clapton, has made it onto the shortlist to win a filming contract worth �5,000 for retailer M&S TV and a coveted pair of X-Factor final tickets.
“I’ve wanted to be a TV presenter since I was a child, so talking about my favourite things, fashion and food, comes naturally to me,” said 24-year old Alicia.
The 24-year old has been gathering support from regulars in the Camden pub she manages.
“When I got the call I was in the pub and was so excited that I had to have a little celebratory dance on the spot. The pub has even put up a banner of support for me.”
You may also want to watch:
The public can vote for their final three contestants at www.marksandspencer.com/competition and the winner will be announced on November 23.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 8 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised