Hackney girl in running to win Marks & Spencer TV contract
An aspiring star from Hackney is one step closer to getting her foot in the world of showbiz, after reaching the final 12 in a nationwide talent search to be a TV presenter.
Bubbly Alicia Sadler, who lives in Upper Clapton, has made it onto the shortlist to win a filming contract worth �5,000 for retailer M&S TV and a coveted pair of X-Factor final tickets.
“I’ve wanted to be a TV presenter since I was a child, so talking about my favourite things, fashion and food, comes naturally to me,” said 24-year old Alicia.
The 24-year old has been gathering support from regulars in the Camden pub she manages.
“When I got the call I was in the pub and was so excited that I had to have a little celebratory dance on the spot. The pub has even put up a banner of support for me.”
You may also want to watch:
The public can vote for their final three contestants at www.marksandspencer.com/competition and the winner will be announced on November 23.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing