Hackney girl in running to win Marks & Spencer TV contract
An aspiring star from Hackney is one step closer to getting her foot in the world of showbiz, after reaching the final 12 in a nationwide talent search to be a TV presenter.
Bubbly Alicia Sadler, who lives in Upper Clapton, has made it onto the shortlist to win a filming contract worth �5,000 for retailer M&S TV and a coveted pair of X-Factor final tickets.
“I’ve wanted to be a TV presenter since I was a child, so talking about my favourite things, fashion and food, comes naturally to me,” said 24-year old Alicia.
The 24-year old has been gathering support from regulars in the Camden pub she manages.
“When I got the call I was in the pub and was so excited that I had to have a little celebratory dance on the spot. The pub has even put up a banner of support for me.”
You may also want to watch:
The public can vote for their final three contestants at www.marksandspencer.com/competition and the winner will be announced on November 23.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"