Hackney girl in running to win Marks & Spencer TV contract
An aspiring star from Hackney is one step closer to getting her foot in the world of showbiz, after reaching the final 12 in a nationwide talent search to be a TV presenter.
Bubbly Alicia Sadler, who lives in Upper Clapton, has made it onto the shortlist to win a filming contract worth �5,000 for retailer M&S TV and a coveted pair of X-Factor final tickets.
“I’ve wanted to be a TV presenter since I was a child, so talking about my favourite things, fashion and food, comes naturally to me,” said 24-year old Alicia.
The 24-year old has been gathering support from regulars in the Camden pub she manages.
“When I got the call I was in the pub and was so excited that I had to have a little celebratory dance on the spot. The pub has even put up a banner of support for me.”
You may also want to watch:
The public can vote for their final three contestants at www.marksandspencer.com/competition and the winner will be announced on November 23.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 10 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path