Hackney girl Leona Lewis performs on home turf at Hackney Weekend
Pop superstar Leona Lewis told screaming fans that performing in her hometown of Hackney was like “a dream” for her.
The 27-year-old was the first artist to take to the main stage earlier this afternoon, and opened the Radio One Hackney Weekend music festival with “Coming Home”, a cover of Diddy Dirty Money’s song.
Her version featured rapper Wretch 32, who joined her onstage for the performance.
And there was another guest performance from the clearly-excited members of Hackney Empire Community Choir.
In between belting out her smash hit songs, such as “Bleeding Love”, the popstar said the event was a wonderful “opportunity” that allowed her to “perform where I live”.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s like a dream,” she added.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift