Hackney girl Leona Lewis performs on home turf at Hackney Weekend
Pop superstar Leona Lewis told screaming fans that performing in her hometown of Hackney was like “a dream” for her.
The 27-year-old was the first artist to take to the main stage earlier this afternoon, and opened the Radio One Hackney Weekend music festival with “Coming Home”, a cover of Diddy Dirty Money’s song.
Her version featured rapper Wretch 32, who joined her onstage for the performance.
And there was another guest performance from the clearly-excited members of Hackney Empire Community Choir.
In between belting out her smash hit songs, such as “Bleeding Love”, the popstar said the event was a wonderful “opportunity” that allowed her to “perform where I live”.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s like a dream,” she added.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea