Hackney goes Comic Relief crazy - see photos of our red nosed fundraisers
Photo gallery - Fundraisers were funny for money as Hackney went Comic Relief crazy on Friday (March 18).
From custard pies to pyjama parties and silly outfits - residents big and small donned their red noses for this year’s record breaking celebrations.
Among those taking part were tots from Little Angels’ Schoolhouse who competed in a sponsored toddle in Shoreditch Park.
Teachers wore pants on their heads at St Thomas Abney Primary School in Fairholt Road, Stoke Newington.
Meanwhile pupils looked like they had just got out of bed at Grazebrook Primary School in Lordship Road, Stamford Hill.
You may also want to watch:
And characters such as Pepper Pig, Spiderman and Snow White made special appearances at Linden Children’s Centre in Rectory Road as staff and children dressed up for charity.
Nationally, Comic Relief 2011 has raised more than �74 million so far, which is the highest total reached on the night in Red Nose Day’s 23 year history.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 6 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 7 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens