Hackney Group Hi Def in with a chance to play O2 arena in Live and Unsigned competition
Hackney urban group Hi Def has taken the judging panel of a national music competition by storm, and is now just one performance away from playing at the O2 arena.
Rappers Tohib Mohammed, and Usaamah Mwebe and singers Adeola Badejo and Danel Udennis are just one round away from the grand final of Live and Unsigned, which is part of Live Fest, London’s biggest indoor festival.
More than 10,000 acts entered nationally, but the group of 20-year olds who mix rap, hip hop, pop and dance were voted by judges as one of the best in the regional final showcase
“We are excited, we can’t wait,” said Tohib.
“Obviously this brings a lot of opportunity, we’d like to get some recognition.
“Coming from Hackney, there aren’t a lot of opportunities, the support of our borough would be very helpful,” he added.
The boys are now in with a chance to win �10,000, to tour 15 UK summer festivals, and to land a �10,000 publicity investment.
- 1 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 7 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
- 8 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
They will compete on Saturday May 19 at the Beck Theatre in Hayes, Middlesex.
For more information and tickets go to the website www.LiveandUnsigned.UK.com.