Hackney Group Hi Def in with a chance to play O2 arena in Live and Unsigned competition
Hackney urban group Hi Def has taken the judging panel of a national music competition by storm, and is now just one performance away from playing at the O2 arena.
Rappers Tohib Mohammed, and Usaamah Mwebe and singers Adeola Badejo and Danel Udennis are just one round away from the grand final of Live and Unsigned, which is part of Live Fest, London’s biggest indoor festival.
More than 10,000 acts entered nationally, but the group of 20-year olds who mix rap, hip hop, pop and dance were voted by judges as one of the best in the regional final showcase
“We are excited, we can’t wait,” said Tohib.
“Obviously this brings a lot of opportunity, we’d like to get some recognition.
You may also want to watch:
“Coming from Hackney, there aren’t a lot of opportunities, the support of our borough would be very helpful,” he added.
The boys are now in with a chance to win �10,000, to tour 15 UK summer festivals, and to land a �10,000 publicity investment.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
They will compete on Saturday May 19 at the Beck Theatre in Hayes, Middlesex.
For more information and tickets go to the website www.LiveandUnsigned.UK.com.