Hackney Group Hi Def in with a chance to play O2 arena in Live and Unsigned competition
Hackney urban group Hi Def has taken the judging panel of a national music competition by storm, and is now just one performance away from playing at the O2 arena.
Rappers Tohib Mohammed, and Usaamah Mwebe and singers Adeola Badejo and Danel Udennis are just one round away from the grand final of Live and Unsigned, which is part of Live Fest, London’s biggest indoor festival.
More than 10,000 acts entered nationally, but the group of 20-year olds who mix rap, hip hop, pop and dance were voted by judges as one of the best in the regional final showcase
“We are excited, we can’t wait,” said Tohib.
“Obviously this brings a lot of opportunity, we’d like to get some recognition.
You may also want to watch:
“Coming from Hackney, there aren’t a lot of opportunities, the support of our borough would be very helpful,” he added.
The boys are now in with a chance to win �10,000, to tour 15 UK summer festivals, and to land a �10,000 publicity investment.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
They will compete on Saturday May 19 at the Beck Theatre in Hayes, Middlesex.
For more information and tickets go to the website www.LiveandUnsigned.UK.com.