Hackney hairdresser dubbed “The One To Watch.”
A red-hot Hackney hairdresser was dubbed “The One To Watch” at a prestigious award ceremony on Monday, attended by some of the biggest names in the business.
Sophia Hilton who lives in Mare Street was presented with the trophy at Creative HEAD’s 2011 It List Awards by TV comic Keith Lemon, aka Bo Selecta.
One of five It List categories the award shines the spotlight on a female star in the making who is already excelling in all aspects of her career, and demonstrating unparalleled passion and skill.
Sophia, 24, who works in Brooks and Boooks salon in Holborn, proved she is destined for greatness with a packed portfolio of achievements – from having her work published in Grazia magazine to working as a stylist on the Disney Channel.
She said: “I am so thrilled to have won this award, I have worked really hard to learn all I can from my bosses who have given me so many opportunities, such as working at fashion week in London and Paris and working on photographic shoots.
You may also want to watch:
“All the opportunities that have now opened up to me are so exciting,” added Sophia who now wants to do more corporate and fashion work.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12