Hackney hairdresser dubbed “The One To Watch.”
A red-hot Hackney hairdresser was dubbed “The One To Watch” at a prestigious award ceremony on Monday, attended by some of the biggest names in the business.
Sophia Hilton who lives in Mare Street was presented with the trophy at Creative HEAD’s 2011 It List Awards by TV comic Keith Lemon, aka Bo Selecta.
One of five It List categories the award shines the spotlight on a female star in the making who is already excelling in all aspects of her career, and demonstrating unparalleled passion and skill.
Sophia, 24, who works in Brooks and Boooks salon in Holborn, proved she is destined for greatness with a packed portfolio of achievements – from having her work published in Grazia magazine to working as a stylist on the Disney Channel.
She said: “I am so thrilled to have won this award, I have worked really hard to learn all I can from my bosses who have given me so many opportunities, such as working at fashion week in London and Paris and working on photographic shoots.
You may also want to watch:
“All the opportunities that have now opened up to me are so exciting,” added Sophia who now wants to do more corporate and fashion work.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 9 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 10 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners