Hackney hairdresser dubbed “The One To Watch.”
A red-hot Hackney hairdresser was dubbed “The One To Watch” at a prestigious award ceremony on Monday, attended by some of the biggest names in the business.
Sophia Hilton who lives in Mare Street was presented with the trophy at Creative HEAD’s 2011 It List Awards by TV comic Keith Lemon, aka Bo Selecta.
One of five It List categories the award shines the spotlight on a female star in the making who is already excelling in all aspects of her career, and demonstrating unparalleled passion and skill.
Sophia, 24, who works in Brooks and Boooks salon in Holborn, proved she is destined for greatness with a packed portfolio of achievements – from having her work published in Grazia magazine to working as a stylist on the Disney Channel.
She said: “I am so thrilled to have won this award, I have worked really hard to learn all I can from my bosses who have given me so many opportunities, such as working at fashion week in London and Paris and working on photographic shoots.
You may also want to watch:
“All the opportunities that have now opened up to me are so exciting,” added Sophia who now wants to do more corporate and fashion work.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back