This week 30 years ago: Hackney police probe claims of ‘sadistic dog-fighting syndicate’ after Pit bull savages woman
- Credit: Archant
A ferocious fighting dog savaged a volunteer police woman, the Gazette reported this week 30 years ago.
Police probed claims a sadistic dog fighting syndicate was operating in Hackney.
The "devil dog" - a pit bull terrier - leapt from a disused shop and cornered a special constable in a bakery and ripped her heel off.
The dog was captured and put to sleep.
It was covered in scars consistent with the Battle- wounds of an experienced fighting dog.
You may also want to watch:
The frenzied attack added new evidence to an ever-growing dossier of information which suggested the sickening "sport" has taken a foot hold in Hackney.
A growing number of Staffordshire bull terrier pets had mysteriously gone missing and were feared kidnapped to act as sparring partners for pit bulls.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes