Hackney is most generous London borough – despite being one of the poorest
- Credit: Archant
Hackney is the most charitable borough in London – despite being one of the poorest.
A study by The Childhood Trust and The Big Give of 18,000 donations has found people in Haringey, Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham are the most generous when it comes to donating.
But they are also the four most deprived boroughs in the capital going by child poverty levels.
Hackney topped the generosity chart, with people’s donations working out at more than 3.6 per cent of the average income of the borough, which is £42,690, according to GLA figures.
That is more than double Newham, which was in second place with 1.59pc. Haringey was third with 1.43pc and Tower Hamlets fourth with 1.36pc.
You may also want to watch:
The title of tightest borough in the whole of London goes to Islington, where the amount donated was just 0.33pc of the £54,950 average income.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images