Hackney is most generous London borough – despite being one of the poorest
- Credit: Archant
Hackney is the most charitable borough in London – despite being one of the poorest.
A study by The Childhood Trust and The Big Give of 18,000 donations has found people in Haringey, Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham are the most generous when it comes to donating.
But they are also the four most deprived boroughs in the capital going by child poverty levels.
Hackney topped the generosity chart, with people’s donations working out at more than 3.6 per cent of the average income of the borough, which is £42,690, according to GLA figures.
That is more than double Newham, which was in second place with 1.59pc. Haringey was third with 1.43pc and Tower Hamlets fourth with 1.36pc.
You may also want to watch:
The title of tightest borough in the whole of London goes to Islington, where the amount donated was just 0.33pc of the £54,950 average income.
- 1 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 2 Fatal Gillett Square shooting shines spotlight on crime hotspot
- 3 Patrick Anzy: Two arrests in Dalston fatal shooting investigation
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Pub managers in Hackney tell how life is since lockdown eased
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Hackney's Miss London makes it to Miss England final
- 8 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 9 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 10 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack