Creative Hackney reflections on life under lockdown to be published
- Credit: Wayne Snooze
Residents have been sharing the creative projects and hobbies which have helped them through lockdown.
Hackney Council plans to celebrate artistic creativity by publishing contributions to its Life Under Lockdown online exhibition in a book later this year.
Life Under Lockdown started as an online exhibition space last summer and includes videos, pottery, poetry and doorstep photography projects. One resident who a new Covid-19 virus particle using fruit, vegetables and other things around his house, each day of lockdown.
Polly Cziok, Hackney's strategic director of engagement, culture and organisational development, said: “Hackney has had an incredibly tough year, with many of our residents grieving lost loved ones or facing financial challenges.
“But through adversity, it’s been inspiring to see our borough’s creative talents come to the fore – and it’s important we celebrate and permanently bring these together."
You may also want to watch:
While all the contributions can be found online, a panel of curators will select highlights for the book the council plans to publish.
Contributions to Life Under Lockdown can be found at www.lovehackney.uk
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets