Creative Hackney reflections on life under lockdown to be published
- Credit: Wayne Snooze
Residents have been sharing the creative projects and hobbies which have helped them through lockdown.
Hackney Council plans to celebrate artistic creativity by publishing contributions to its Life Under Lockdown online exhibition in a book later this year.
Life Under Lockdown started as an online exhibition space last summer and includes videos, pottery, poetry and doorstep photography projects. One resident who a new Covid-19 virus particle using fruit, vegetables and other things around his house, each day of lockdown.
Polly Cziok, Hackney's strategic director of engagement, culture and organisational development, said: “Hackney has had an incredibly tough year, with many of our residents grieving lost loved ones or facing financial challenges.
“But through adversity, it’s been inspiring to see our borough’s creative talents come to the fore – and it’s important we celebrate and permanently bring these together."
You may also want to watch:
While all the contributions can be found online, a panel of curators will select highlights for the book the council plans to publish.
Contributions to Life Under Lockdown can be found at www.lovehackney.uk
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 8 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month