Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- Credit: MPS
Police seized four knives while patrolling London Fields, making five arrests.
On January 20 at about 6pm, officers in the Met Police's taskforce were patrolling Wilman Grove when they said they saw a group in and by a car "parked suspiciously near to a bin shed".
Officers carried out a search and said they found three lock knives, £1,000 in cash, a small amount of class B drugs, a large "Rambo-style" knife and two sets of registration plates.
Five men between 17 and 25 years old were all arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
A 17-year-old was also arrested for possession of a class B drug.
You may also want to watch:
They remain in custody while the investigation continues.
Det Con Tony Curtis, of the Central East BCU CID, said: "This is a great example of intelligence-led stop and search.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 9 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
"Four potentially lethal weapons have been seized and will no longer be able to cause considerable harm, or worse, in the community."