Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- Credit: MPS
Police seized four knives while patrolling London Fields, making five arrests.
On January 20 at about 6pm, officers in the Met Police's taskforce were patrolling Wilman Grove when they said they saw a group in and by a car "parked suspiciously near to a bin shed".
Officers carried out a search and said they found three lock knives, £1,000 in cash, a small amount of class B drugs, a large "Rambo-style" knife and two sets of registration plates.
Five men between 17 and 25 years old were all arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
A 17-year-old was also arrested for possession of a class B drug.
You may also want to watch:
They remain in custody while the investigation continues.
Det Con Tony Curtis, of the Central East BCU CID, said: "This is a great example of intelligence-led stop and search.
- 1 Hackney road closure campaigners to stand in by-election
- 2 Sewage flooded flat as man struggled to report issues amid cyber-attack
- 3 Hackney activist denies racism but resigns from diversity commission
- 4 Purim celebrations 'will be a bit different this year', says Hackney mayor
- 5 Fortnightly waste collections launched to 'encourage recycling' in Hackney
- 6 Woman rescued from Benthal Road blaze
- 7 Baby Edward: Police confirm biological mother was found
- 8 Hackney Half marathon postponed following government's lockdown roadmap
- 9 'Largest cannabis farm we've ever seen,' say Homerton police
- 10 Finsbury Park trains set to be cancelled for railway work
"Four potentially lethal weapons have been seized and will no longer be able to cause considerable harm, or worse, in the community."