Hackney man runs Brighton Half Marathon dressed as a toilet
A man from London Fields is running the Brighton Half Marathon dressed as a toilet next Sunday (February 19).
Alex McIntyre, 34, from Horton Road is pulling off the stunt in aid of charity WaterAid, which aims to transform lives in the world’s poorest communities by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation.
At least 4,000 children die every day as a result of diseases caused by unclean water and poor sanitation, and a third of the world’s population do not have access to safe water.
“I’ve told my friends and family that I’m running in a toilet costume, hopefully that will be enough for them to part with some of their hard-earned cash,” said Alex, who has run 10k races before.
“I’m really enjoying trying to help WaterAid as it is giving me extra motivation to train,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Alex visit: www.virginmoneygiving.com/alexmcintyre
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse