Hackney man runs Brighton Half Marathon dressed as a toilet
A man from London Fields is running the Brighton Half Marathon dressed as a toilet next Sunday (February 19).
Alex McIntyre, 34, from Horton Road is pulling off the stunt in aid of charity WaterAid, which aims to transform lives in the world’s poorest communities by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation.
At least 4,000 children die every day as a result of diseases caused by unclean water and poor sanitation, and a third of the world’s population do not have access to safe water.
“I’ve told my friends and family that I’m running in a toilet costume, hopefully that will be enough for them to part with some of their hard-earned cash,” said Alex, who has run 10k races before.
“I’m really enjoying trying to help WaterAid as it is giving me extra motivation to train,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Alex visit: www.virginmoneygiving.com/alexmcintyre
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month