Hackney man runs Brighton Half Marathon dressed as a toilet
A man from London Fields is running the Brighton Half Marathon dressed as a toilet next Sunday (February 19).
Alex McIntyre, 34, from Horton Road is pulling off the stunt in aid of charity WaterAid, which aims to transform lives in the world’s poorest communities by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation.
At least 4,000 children die every day as a result of diseases caused by unclean water and poor sanitation, and a third of the world’s population do not have access to safe water.
“I’ve told my friends and family that I’m running in a toilet costume, hopefully that will be enough for them to part with some of their hard-earned cash,” said Alex, who has run 10k races before.
“I’m really enjoying trying to help WaterAid as it is giving me extra motivation to train,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Alex visit: www.virginmoneygiving.com/alexmcintyre
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors