Hackney man with dementia previously found in “perilous situations” is missing again
- Credit: Archant
Police are growing increasingly concerned for a vulnerable man suffering from the advanced stages of dementia who has gone missing in Hackney.
Dominic Myrie, 83, was last seen at 3.20pm this afternoon by his wife as he walked away from Ridley Road market, opposite Dalston Kingsland Overground station.
Det Sgt Paul Ridley from Hackney CID is urgently appealing for assistance from members of the public to help trace him.
He said: “I am very concerned regarding the welfare of Dominic.
“He has been missing on several occasions and found in perilous situations.
“He has left home without any money and has no means of contact.”
Sgt Richard Burns from Brownswood ward tweeted that Mr Myrie has previously been found walking on train tracks.
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 5 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 6 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 7 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 8 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
Mr Myrie went missing two weeks ago and was found in Canning Town.
Mr Myrie is described as a light-skinned black male, of medium build, 5ft 6ins tall, bald and clean shaven.
At the time of his disappearance he was wearing a black trilby hat, blue three-quarter length coat with white stripes along each sleeve, black trousers and black shoes.
He was also wearing distinctive thick-rimmed glasses.
He is known to frequent the public transport network, particularly trains.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8721 7777.