Hackney MP pays tribute to those who died in the holocaust
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney MP signed a book to honour those who died during the Holocaust and the survivors who educate people about what they endured.
MP for Hackney South and Shoreditch signed the book Holocaust Educational Trust’s Book of Commitment in the House of Commons yesterday.
Ms Hillier said: “We must never forget the Holocaust. As the living memories fade and survivors get older we have a duty to ensure future generations learn about the horrors of the Holocaust and other genocide, and work to stop such evil.”
She will attend Hackney’s Holocaust Memorial Day Ceremony tomorrow (January 24).
January 27 will mark the 69th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi concentration and death camp Auschwitz-Birkenau, the site of the largest mass murder in history.
You may also want to watch:
Thousands of events are being held across the country to commemorate all those who suffered then and in subsequent genocides.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse