Hackney MP pays tribute to those who died in the holocaust
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney MP signed a book to honour those who died during the Holocaust and the survivors who educate people about what they endured.
MP for Hackney South and Shoreditch signed the book Holocaust Educational Trust’s Book of Commitment in the House of Commons yesterday.
Ms Hillier said: “We must never forget the Holocaust. As the living memories fade and survivors get older we have a duty to ensure future generations learn about the horrors of the Holocaust and other genocide, and work to stop such evil.”
She will attend Hackney’s Holocaust Memorial Day Ceremony tomorrow (January 24).
January 27 will mark the 69th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi concentration and death camp Auschwitz-Birkenau, the site of the largest mass murder in history.
You may also want to watch:
Thousands of events are being held across the country to commemorate all those who suffered then and in subsequent genocides.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school