Hackney mum to star in supermarket’s Christmas TV advert
A YOUNG Hackney mum is set to star in a supermarket’s Christmas TV advertising campaign.
Charlene Smith, 22, is one of 13 “real mums” chosen to appear in Iceland’s nationwide festive promotions, which is airing for the first time this Sunday.
Administrative assistant Charlene, who lives with her three-year-old son, Andre, in Well Street, got dolled up for the filming after narrowly missing being selected as the New Face of Iceland earlier this year.
“This time last year I didn’t think in my wildest dreams that I would be on an advert like this,” she said.
“Andre is really excited. At nursery he tells all of his friends. He’s really proud.”
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t think there’s enough out there to promote what mums do. It’s saying mums are amazing.”
Charlene, who grew up in Hackney and went to Princess May Primary School in Barretts Grove, Stoke Newington, has started taking drama lessons and is determined to forge a career in acting, TV adverts and magazines.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse