Hackney mum to star in supermarket’s Christmas TV advert
A YOUNG Hackney mum is set to star in a supermarket’s Christmas TV advertising campaign.
Charlene Smith, 22, is one of 13 “real mums” chosen to appear in Iceland’s nationwide festive promotions, which is airing for the first time this Sunday.
Administrative assistant Charlene, who lives with her three-year-old son, Andre, in Well Street, got dolled up for the filming after narrowly missing being selected as the New Face of Iceland earlier this year.
“This time last year I didn’t think in my wildest dreams that I would be on an advert like this,” she said.
“Andre is really excited. At nursery he tells all of his friends. He’s really proud.”
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t think there’s enough out there to promote what mums do. It’s saying mums are amazing.”
Charlene, who grew up in Hackney and went to Princess May Primary School in Barretts Grove, Stoke Newington, has started taking drama lessons and is determined to forge a career in acting, TV adverts and magazines.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets