Hackney mum to star in supermarket’s Christmas TV advert
A YOUNG Hackney mum is set to star in a supermarket’s Christmas TV advertising campaign.
Charlene Smith, 22, is one of 13 “real mums” chosen to appear in Iceland’s nationwide festive promotions, which is airing for the first time this Sunday.
Administrative assistant Charlene, who lives with her three-year-old son, Andre, in Well Street, got dolled up for the filming after narrowly missing being selected as the New Face of Iceland earlier this year.
“This time last year I didn’t think in my wildest dreams that I would be on an advert like this,” she said.
“Andre is really excited. At nursery he tells all of his friends. He’s really proud.”
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t think there’s enough out there to promote what mums do. It’s saying mums are amazing.”
Charlene, who grew up in Hackney and went to Princess May Primary School in Barretts Grove, Stoke Newington, has started taking drama lessons and is determined to forge a career in acting, TV adverts and magazines.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction