Hackney mum to star in supermarket’s Christmas TV advert
A YOUNG Hackney mum is set to star in a supermarket’s Christmas TV advertising campaign.
Charlene Smith, 22, is one of 13 “real mums” chosen to appear in Iceland’s nationwide festive promotions, which is airing for the first time this Sunday.
Administrative assistant Charlene, who lives with her three-year-old son, Andre, in Well Street, got dolled up for the filming after narrowly missing being selected as the New Face of Iceland earlier this year.
“This time last year I didn’t think in my wildest dreams that I would be on an advert like this,” she said.
“Andre is really excited. At nursery he tells all of his friends. He’s really proud.”
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t think there’s enough out there to promote what mums do. It’s saying mums are amazing.”
Charlene, who grew up in Hackney and went to Princess May Primary School in Barretts Grove, Stoke Newington, has started taking drama lessons and is determined to forge a career in acting, TV adverts and magazines.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Three arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed