Hackney mums needed for charity’s project on post-natal depression
A Dalston charity is calling on mums in the borough to volunteer to help other women keep the baby blues at bay.
Family Action Hackney, based in Arbutus Street, is asking mums to take part in a project launched this month aiming to halve rates of post-natal depression.
Up to 762 children may have been born to a mother with postnatal depression in Hackney in 2009, according to the organisation.
Volunteers will befriend vulnerable and isolated pregnant women to provide support and advice before and after the birth.
They will get training and supervision from a social worker or health care professional.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to take part, call Family Action Hackney’s perinatal support coordinator Saddaf Aslam on 0207 249 8109.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney