Hackney mums needed for charity’s project on post-natal depression
A Dalston charity is calling on mums in the borough to volunteer to help other women keep the baby blues at bay.
Family Action Hackney, based in Arbutus Street, is asking mums to take part in a project launched this month aiming to halve rates of post-natal depression.
Up to 762 children may have been born to a mother with postnatal depression in Hackney in 2009, according to the organisation.
Volunteers will befriend vulnerable and isolated pregnant women to provide support and advice before and after the birth.
They will get training and supervision from a social worker or health care professional.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to take part, call Family Action Hackney’s perinatal support coordinator Saddaf Aslam on 0207 249 8109.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'