Hackney mums needed for charity’s project on post-natal depression
A Dalston charity is calling on mums in the borough to volunteer to help other women keep the baby blues at bay.
Family Action Hackney, based in Arbutus Street, is asking mums to take part in a project launched this month aiming to halve rates of post-natal depression.
Up to 762 children may have been born to a mother with postnatal depression in Hackney in 2009, according to the organisation.
Volunteers will befriend vulnerable and isolated pregnant women to provide support and advice before and after the birth.
They will get training and supervision from a social worker or health care professional.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to take part, call Family Action Hackney’s perinatal support coordinator Saddaf Aslam on 0207 249 8109.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors