Hackney mums needed for charity’s project on post-natal depression
A Dalston charity is calling on mums in the borough to volunteer to help other women keep the baby blues at bay.
Family Action Hackney, based in Arbutus Street, is asking mums to take part in a project launched this month aiming to halve rates of post-natal depression.
Up to 762 children may have been born to a mother with postnatal depression in Hackney in 2009, according to the organisation.
Volunteers will befriend vulnerable and isolated pregnant women to provide support and advice before and after the birth.
They will get training and supervision from a social worker or health care professional.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to take part, call Family Action Hackney’s perinatal support coordinator Saddaf Aslam on 0207 249 8109.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 8 Hackney NHS staff celebrated for 'work beyond the call of duty'
- 9 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington