Hackney mushroom madness
Mystery mushrooms find a home in Hackney
MYSTERY mushrooms are sprouting up on buildings across east London.
Dozens of funky fungi are adourning a plethora of locations in Shoreditch, Brick Lane, Kingsland Road and Hackney Road to name just a few.
The mushrooms are the work of artist Christiaan Nagel who was spotted putting up one of his installations in Shoreditch by passer-by Matt Perrott.
Mr Perrott said: “These apocalyptic looking Mushrooms have been popping up all over the place. These organic, colourful sculptures are new, interesting and make me want to know more.”
You may also want to watch:
If you spot any of the mushrooms on your travels be sure to let us know by dropping us an email or sending a photo.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space