Hackney mushroom madness
Mystery mushrooms find a home in Hackney
MYSTERY mushrooms are sprouting up on buildings across east London.
Dozens of funky fungi are adourning a plethora of locations in Shoreditch, Brick Lane, Kingsland Road and Hackney Road to name just a few.
The mushrooms are the work of artist Christiaan Nagel who was spotted putting up one of his installations in Shoreditch by passer-by Matt Perrott.
Mr Perrott said: “These apocalyptic looking Mushrooms have been popping up all over the place. These organic, colourful sculptures are new, interesting and make me want to know more.”
You may also want to watch:
If you spot any of the mushrooms on your travels be sure to let us know by dropping us an email or sending a photo.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse