Hackney NHS mental health trust in appeal for emergency workers to tackle coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
An NHS mental health trust has issued an urgent appeal for temporary workers to help during the coronavirus crisis.
The East London Foundation Trust (ELFT) is offering flexible, short-term work across its community and mental health services for people with healthcare qualifications and for administrators, healthcare assistants, cleaners and housekeepers.
Applications are being fast-tracked so workers can start in days rather than weeks, and new starters will also be paid weekly.
“The NHS is facing an unprecedented challenge because of the coronavirus crisis,” said the trust’s CEO Dr Navina Evans.
“Every single colleague wearing an NHS badge is remarkable in my eyes – and we need more outstanding individuals to help us protect and care for the sick and the vulnerable.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The NHS works at its best with fantastic clinical staff delivering patient care and dedicated support staff working together.
“We need you to be part of that amazing team.”
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
The vacancies are available across east London, Bedfordshire and Luton. New recruits would be employed through ELFT’s bank system, its network of temporary staff available to work flexible hours and shifts.
Applicants do not need experience of working in the NHS. Full details are available on the ELFT website.