Hackney pensioner with dementia went missing a week ago
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for help to find a pensioner suffering from advanced dementia who went missing a week ago.
Abdoulahi Ndoye, 74, was last seen in Leabridge Road at the junction with Albany Road last Wednesday.
DS Paul Ridley, from Hackney CID, is very concerned for Mr Abdoulahi’s welfare because of his deteriorating health.
He said: “He has only been living in Hackney for about a week and may have attempted to return to Newham which he knows well.
“He frequents the public transport network, particularly buses and I would request that the public’s focus is directed towards these areas.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ndoye is black, 6ft tall, of slim build with black unkempt hair, and when last seen he was wearing a black jacket with a big collar, black jeans and black boots.
He is not believed to have any money on him or his Freedom bus pass.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
He is known to frequent Waltham Forest and has links to Beckton in Newham where he used to live.
Anyone who has seen Mr Ndoye should call Hackney police on 020 8721 7777.