Hackney performers honour frontline workers during final Clap For Our Carers
- Credit: One-Drum Foundation
Hackney drummers and musicians performed outside Homerton Hospital on Thursday Night (May 28) for, what many are calling, the final Clap For Our Carers.
One-Drum began their performance at 8pm to show their appreciation for the “incredible efforts” made by frontline workers over the past 10 weeks.
Abass Dodoo, founder and CEO of One-Drum Foundation said: “One-Drum is honoured to be part of the final clap. Music is another tool that helps release stress so we wanted to bring that joy to the hospital’s staff and hopefully we put a smile on their faces.”
The musicians made sure to observe all safety protocols during the gig and invited people to take part in the celebration online via a live stream on Facebook.
Abass told the Gazette: “It’s not easy, but the staff continue to pull us through our darkest moments and it’s important they know how much we appreciate them.
You may also want to watch:
“We see the risks and sacrifices they are making and, even though the clapping is ending tomorrow, it doesn’t mean we’re forgetting them. We will forever be grateful to each and everyone of them.”
Watch the full performance by clicking here.
Follow the group on Facebook @onedrumrhythms
Or to find more groups, networks and organisations in Hackney providing support during the Coronavirus lockdown visit our There With You: Essential List.
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed