Local photographer captures the citizens of Hackney during the coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Alex Amoros
A Stoke Newington photographer has been taking pictures of people in Hackney as part of a series of projects documenting residents coping and coming together during a “dark year.”
Alex Amoros’s latest project is called Citizens of Hackney and involved him capturing the faces of people in Hackney in August 2020.
Alex said: “Citizens of Hackney is a project of portraits carried out in the different areas of this borough.
“I have photographed in natural light and in colour to show the diversity, creativity, culture and variety of Hackney during this dark year.”
Alex’s project will be presented in a book.
You may also want to watch:
The photographer created another project earlier this year focusing on Stoke Newington during the lockdown and took pictures of people during his daily walks. He wanted to “tell the story of what happened during the global pandemic”.
“With local businesses shutting shop and out key workers continuing to work hard for others. I wanted to show how the community has become less individualised and more collective.”
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
Both photo projects are available to look at and buy at www.alexamoros.com.