Local photographer captures the citizens of Hackney during the coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Alex Amoros
A Stoke Newington photographer has been taking pictures of people in Hackney as part of a series of projects documenting residents coping and coming together during a “dark year.”
Alex Amoros’s latest project is called Citizens of Hackney and involved him capturing the faces of people in Hackney in August 2020.
Alex said: “Citizens of Hackney is a project of portraits carried out in the different areas of this borough.
“I have photographed in natural light and in colour to show the diversity, creativity, culture and variety of Hackney during this dark year.”
Alex’s project will be presented in a book.
You may also want to watch:
The photographer created another project earlier this year focusing on Stoke Newington during the lockdown and took pictures of people during his daily walks. He wanted to “tell the story of what happened during the global pandemic”.
“With local businesses shutting shop and out key workers continuing to work hard for others. I wanted to show how the community has become less individualised and more collective.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
Both photo projects are available to look at and buy at www.alexamoros.com.