Local photographer captures the citizens of Hackney during the coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Alex Amoros
A Stoke Newington photographer has been taking pictures of people in Hackney as part of a series of projects documenting residents coping and coming together during a “dark year.”
Alex Amoros’s latest project is called Citizens of Hackney and involved him capturing the faces of people in Hackney in August 2020.
Alex said: “Citizens of Hackney is a project of portraits carried out in the different areas of this borough.
“I have photographed in natural light and in colour to show the diversity, creativity, culture and variety of Hackney during this dark year.”
Alex’s project will be presented in a book.
You may also want to watch:
The photographer created another project earlier this year focusing on Stoke Newington during the lockdown and took pictures of people during his daily walks. He wanted to “tell the story of what happened during the global pandemic”.
“With local businesses shutting shop and out key workers continuing to work hard for others. I wanted to show how the community has become less individualised and more collective.”
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Both photo projects are available to look at and buy at www.alexamoros.com.