Hackney photographer’s shot of River Lea used for front cover of Amazon top-100 thriller
- Credit: Archant
An author tracked down a mysterious night time shot of the River Lea using Google, and liked it so much she asked to use it on the front of her top-selling crime thriller.
Casey Kelleher asked professional photographer Kriss Lee to use his image on the cover of her third novel, Heartless, which is set around the Hackney Marshes and even features a chapter about the Hackney Gazette.
The book went straight into the top 100 thrillers on online store Amazon, at number 18.
“The sky is reflected in the river, that’s what caught her eye, the street lights are starred and starred in the river,” said Mr Lee who took the shot at 9pm in the dark a couple of years ago, facing north towards the Lea Bridge.
“I absolutely loved the picture, the River Lea is beautiful.
You may also want to watch:
“I love the fact you can walk up and down the river and it’s fabulous,” added Mr Lee who lives very close by in Lea Bridge Road.
“Every day there are thousands of commuters going up and down that road, and have no idea what’s metres away from them.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
“I absolutely love where I live, I really really do, every year I bring out a calendar called “Hackney is a paradise”, very often people see it and say, “That’s very nice,” and ask where it is, I say Hackney and they say, “There are no burning cars.””