Hackney Pirates crash: BMW smashes into front of Dalston charity shop
- Credit: Sam Blewett - NO CREDIT PLEASE
A car smashed headlong into the front of a Dalston charity shop yesterday afternoon, shutting Kingsland High Street.
The white BMW flattened a parked bicycle and demolished a bike rack before ploughing into the entrance of the Hackney Pirates café and store at about 12.40pm.
No one was hurt in the collision.
One witness, a woman in her 30s who asked not to be named, said: “He came out of Crossway, lost control and skidded across the street.
“He’s so lucky he didn’t hit anyone walking past on the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Police shut the road while the mess was cleaned up. A spokeswoman said paramedics were first on the scene, but no one needed treatment.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
- 10 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in