Hackney Pirates crash: BMW smashes into front of Dalston charity shop
- Credit: Sam Blewett - NO CREDIT PLEASE
A car smashed headlong into the front of a Dalston charity shop yesterday afternoon, shutting Kingsland High Street.
The white BMW flattened a parked bicycle and demolished a bike rack before ploughing into the entrance of the Hackney Pirates café and store at about 12.40pm.
No one was hurt in the collision.
One witness, a woman in her 30s who asked not to be named, said: “He came out of Crossway, lost control and skidded across the street.
“He’s so lucky he didn’t hit anyone walking past on the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Police shut the road while the mess was cleaned up. A spokeswoman said paramedics were first on the scene, but no one needed treatment.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets