Hackney Pirates crash: BMW smashes into front of Dalston charity shop
- Credit: Sam Blewett - NO CREDIT PLEASE
A car smashed headlong into the front of a Dalston charity shop yesterday afternoon, shutting Kingsland High Street.
The white BMW flattened a parked bicycle and demolished a bike rack before ploughing into the entrance of the Hackney Pirates café and store at about 12.40pm.
No one was hurt in the collision.
One witness, a woman in her 30s who asked not to be named, said: “He came out of Crossway, lost control and skidded across the street.
“He’s so lucky he didn’t hit anyone walking past on the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Police shut the road while the mess was cleaned up. A spokeswoman said paramedics were first on the scene, but no one needed treatment.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web