Hackney Pirates crash: BMW smashes into front of Dalston charity shop
- Credit: Sam Blewett - NO CREDIT PLEASE
A car smashed headlong into the front of a Dalston charity shop yesterday afternoon, shutting Kingsland High Street.
The white BMW flattened a parked bicycle and demolished a bike rack before ploughing into the entrance of the Hackney Pirates café and store at about 12.40pm.
No one was hurt in the collision.
One witness, a woman in her 30s who asked not to be named, said: “He came out of Crossway, lost control and skidded across the street.
“He’s so lucky he didn’t hit anyone walking past on the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Police shut the road while the mess was cleaned up. A spokeswoman said paramedics were first on the scene, but no one needed treatment.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000