Hackney police launch murder investigation following death of mum and baby
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman and her baby daughter in Hackney this morning.
Police were called at just after 9am this morning to reports of three people injured at an address in Oswald Mead, Homerton.
Officers and LAS attended and found a 45-year old woman, a 23-month old baby girl and a 53-year old man suffering from injuries.
The baby and the woman were pronounced dead at the scene.
The man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition with what are thought to be non-life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The police are awaiting formal identification and post-mortems will take place in due course.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are continuing with enquires to establish the circumstances of the incident.
The investigation is being lead by Det Ch Insp Charles King.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.