Hackney police launch murder investigation following death of mum and baby
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman and her baby daughter in Hackney this morning.
Police were called at just after 9am this morning to reports of three people injured at an address in Oswald Mead, Homerton.
Officers and LAS attended and found a 45-year old woman, a 23-month old baby girl and a 53-year old man suffering from injuries.
The baby and the woman were pronounced dead at the scene.
The man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition with what are thought to be non-life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The police are awaiting formal identification and post-mortems will take place in due course.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are continuing with enquires to establish the circumstances of the incident.
The investigation is being lead by Det Ch Insp Charles King.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.