Hackney police launch murder investigation following death of mum and baby
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman and her baby daughter in Hackney this morning.
Police were called at just after 9am this morning to reports of three people injured at an address in Oswald Mead, Homerton.
Officers and LAS attended and found a 45-year old woman, a 23-month old baby girl and a 53-year old man suffering from injuries.
The baby and the woman were pronounced dead at the scene.
The man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition with what are thought to be non-life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
The police are awaiting formal identification and post-mortems will take place in due course.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Detectives from the homicide and major crime command are continuing with enquires to establish the circumstances of the incident.
The investigation is being lead by Det Ch Insp Charles King.
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.