Hackney police officer run over after car chase
- Credit: PA WIRE
A police car chase through the streets of Hackney ended in an officer being run over.
Cops tried to stop the white Toyota Prius in Sandringham Road, Dalston, at about 9pm on Sunday but the driver fled.
After a brief chase, the car stopped in Pembury Road. But when an officer approached, the driver drove forward and hit him, leaving him with injuries to his legs and torso.
The officer, in his 30s, was taken to hospital by ambulance but discharged today.
The Prius was recovered shortly after the incident, but the driver has not been caught.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed what happened or has information is asked to call Hackney police via 101, or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse