Hackney police officer run over after car chase
- Credit: PA WIRE
A police car chase through the streets of Hackney ended in an officer being run over.
Cops tried to stop the white Toyota Prius in Sandringham Road, Dalston, at about 9pm on Sunday but the driver fled.
After a brief chase, the car stopped in Pembury Road. But when an officer approached, the driver drove forward and hit him, leaving him with injuries to his legs and torso.
The officer, in his 30s, was taken to hospital by ambulance but discharged today.
The Prius was recovered shortly after the incident, but the driver has not been caught.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed what happened or has information is asked to call Hackney police via 101, or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director