Hackney police officer run over after car chase
- Credit: PA WIRE
A police car chase through the streets of Hackney ended in an officer being run over.
Cops tried to stop the white Toyota Prius in Sandringham Road, Dalston, at about 9pm on Sunday but the driver fled.
After a brief chase, the car stopped in Pembury Road. But when an officer approached, the driver drove forward and hit him, leaving him with injuries to his legs and torso.
The officer, in his 30s, was taken to hospital by ambulance but discharged today.
The Prius was recovered shortly after the incident, but the driver has not been caught.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed what happened or has information is asked to call Hackney police via 101, or Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop