Hackney politician to chair London Assembly
Politician Jennette Arnold is the new chairwoman of the London Assembly.
It’s the second time in its 11 year history that former nurse Ms Arnold has headed the city-wide assembly.
Today’s election was close with 13 assembly members in favour and 12 against.
Ms Arnold represents North East London, including Hackney, Islington and Waltham Forest.
The Labour politician said: “I am honoured to be serving a second term as Chair of the London Assembly and by the confidence my colleagues have shown in me.
You may also want to watch:
“I know that the next twelve months will be marked by strong political debate as we approach the 2012 GLA elections. As Chair of the Assembly I want to ensure that debate takes places with the passion it deserves but with the respect and civility we all have a right to expect from each other.”
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate