Hackney pubs recognised for quality loos
- Credit: Baxter's Court
Two Hackney pubs have been recognised for the quality of their toilets in the Loo of the Year Awards 2020.
Baxter’s Court in Mare Street was awarded a platinum rating by inspectors and The Rochester Castle in Stoke Newington won a gold rating.
Award inspectors made unannounced visits to thousands of toilets at sites across the UK, in order to judge them and all of the toilets they visited were graded silver, gold, platinum or diamond. Unacceptable toilets were not graded at all.
Baxter’s Court pub manager, Oj Tok, said: “We are delighted with the award. Staff at the pub ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
The awards are aimed at highlighting and improving standards of ‘away from home’ toilet provision.
You may also want to watch:
Both Hackney Wetherspoons pubs’ toilets, were like many other loos across the nation, were judged against numerous criteria, including decor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, hand washing and drying equipment and overall management.
The Loo of the Year Awards 2020 managing director, Mike Bone, said: “The toilets at the two pubs have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 4 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 9 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
- 10 Hoxton's new Britannia Leisure Centre to open this month
“The pubs richly deserve their awards.”