Hackney pupils spread goodwill with festive charity drive
- Credit: The Olive School
Students and staff at the Olive School in Stoke Newington have been taking part in a special charity drive to help people facing hardship during the festive season.
Pupils at the school were determined to help make a difference this year through their annual Festive Winter Gift campaign.
Principle Babar Mirza said: "This has been a difficult year for many but, despite this, our pupils and parents continue to help those who are facing hardship.
“Our young pupils have an intuitive sense of goodwill and their natural desire to help others is a wonderful inspiration to us all.
“I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this appeal and for helping us to make a difference during the festive season.”
You may also want to watch:
Students gathered toys, clothing and stationery as part of a shoebox appeal for children in hospital.
Families also helped to fill the school with food that was donated to local food banks to help ensure that vulnerable people would receive support during the long winter months.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Days left to register to vote in May elections
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers