Hackney pupils spread goodwill with festive charity drive
- Credit: The Olive School
Students and staff at the Olive School in Stoke Newington have been taking part in a special charity drive to help people facing hardship during the festive season.
Pupils at the school were determined to help make a difference this year through their annual Festive Winter Gift campaign.
Principle Babar Mirza said: "This has been a difficult year for many but, despite this, our pupils and parents continue to help those who are facing hardship.
“Our young pupils have an intuitive sense of goodwill and their natural desire to help others is a wonderful inspiration to us all.
“I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this appeal and for helping us to make a difference during the festive season.”
You may also want to watch:
Students gathered toys, clothing and stationery as part of a shoebox appeal for children in hospital.
Families also helped to fill the school with food that was donated to local food banks to help ensure that vulnerable people would receive support during the long winter months.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man