Hackney pupils spread goodwill with festive charity drive
- Credit: The Olive School
Students and staff at the Olive School in Stoke Newington have been taking part in a special charity drive to help people facing hardship during the festive season.
Pupils at the school were determined to help make a difference this year through their annual Festive Winter Gift campaign.
Principle Babar Mirza said: "This has been a difficult year for many but, despite this, our pupils and parents continue to help those who are facing hardship.
“Our young pupils have an intuitive sense of goodwill and their natural desire to help others is a wonderful inspiration to us all.
“I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this appeal and for helping us to make a difference during the festive season.”
You may also want to watch:
Students gathered toys, clothing and stationery as part of a shoebox appeal for children in hospital.
Families also helped to fill the school with food that was donated to local food banks to help ensure that vulnerable people would receive support during the long winter months.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes