Hackney pupils shine at “movies and musicals” dance showcase
- Credit: Archant
A glittering dance showcase themed on movies and musicals at the Clapton Girls’ Academy put a smile on the face of everyone in the audience.
Over 170 pupils aged from six to 18, dressed in an array of colourful costumes, danced to music from well-known Disney movies like The Lion King, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mulan, as well as the TV show Friends and the all-time classic, Singing in the Rain.
Liza Hooper, associate head teacher from Gayhurst School in Gayhurst Road, London Fields, said: “I didn’t stop smiling from beginning to end.”
Ian Mullaney, Headteacher from Rushmore in Elderfield Road, Lower Clapton, added: “More of this please.”
The event at Clapton Girls’ Academy last Thursday was organised by the Hackney Teaching Schools’ Alliance (HTSA), a partnership of primary and secondary schools, led by the Clapton Girls’ Academy, Kingsmead Primary School, Stormont House School and Millfields Community School which strive to improve the quality of teaching and leadership within the alliance.
You may also want to watch:
Clapton Girls’ PE department, student sports leaders and Duke of Edinburgh students helped youngsters from seven primary schools in the alliance polish their performances.
See our photo gallery on the right hand side.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images