Hackney Quest launches urgent £20,000 crowdfunding campaign to keep its family support service running
- Credit: Archant
Youth charity Hackney Quest has launched a “very urgent” crowdfunding campaign to raise £20,000 to keep its support service running for families in need.
People access the service at the charity in Well Street for various reasons like supporting their child at school or at home, developing confidence or skills, or advice on benefits or housing.
“Whatever help they may need, we’re here for them. We have supported hundreds of local families,” said director Colette Allen.
“The families we work with are often facing complex difficulties, and we help them through whichever challenges they may be facing.
“We listen, we don’t judge and we provide support and advice. Our only agenda is to help them and to help their children.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very often the first people they turn to when they are struggling, or facing a crisis. We have an open door for those who need us.”
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 8 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week