Hackney Quest launches urgent £20,000 crowdfunding campaign to keep its family support service running
- Credit: Archant
Youth charity Hackney Quest has launched a “very urgent” crowdfunding campaign to raise £20,000 to keep its support service running for families in need.
People access the service at the charity in Well Street for various reasons like supporting their child at school or at home, developing confidence or skills, or advice on benefits or housing.
“Whatever help they may need, we’re here for them. We have supported hundreds of local families,” said director Colette Allen.
“The families we work with are often facing complex difficulties, and we help them through whichever challenges they may be facing.
“We listen, we don’t judge and we provide support and advice. Our only agenda is to help them and to help their children.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very often the first people they turn to when they are struggling, or facing a crisis. We have an open door for those who need us.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12