Hackney riots - Two people arrested in property in Clarence Road
Police arrested a 19-year-old man and 18-year-old woman today (August 16) in a property in Clarence Road in connection with the violence in the very same street last week.
Property recovered from the address included a camera, believed to have been stolen from a journalist in Clarence Road during the riots, clothing, tools and a computer.
The pair remain in custody at an east London police station at this stage.
Officers raiding homes in Hackney following the looting have found a washing machine among the booty plundered from the borough’s businesses.
The bulky domestic device was just one of the items believed to have been stolen during the riots on Monday (August 8).
You may also want to watch:
Other products found by police in the homes of suspected yobs include plasma televisions and sports clothing.
Officers have so far swooped on 18 homes in connection with the violence and the courts have authorised raids on a further 24 properties as the crackdown on criminals continues.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
A total of 119 people have so far been arrested in the borough.