Hackney Road art gallery The Old Bank Vault celebrates one year milestone
Hackney Road art gallery The Old Bank Vault has celebrated one year of business.
Sim Takhar, her husband and her parents decided to launch the venture in a building bought by them 20 years ago.
“Hackney Road was coming on so much and it was a great place to be, and it felt like we were ready to have a store like that,” said Sim, a documentary photographer.
“It’s a varied mix of modern contemporary art but the style is to cater for that new age art collector if you like.
“We have a really eclectic mix of artists, from emerging artists to well established artists who have worked on big projects over the years. We’ve gone from having no artists at all to building it up throughout the year and now I’ve got just over 30. Its refreshing to think that all these artists are really wiling and open minded to work with a new gallery.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests and artists celebrated the year milestone at the gallery.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed