Hackney Road art gallery The Old Bank Vault celebrates one year milestone
Hackney Road art gallery The Old Bank Vault has celebrated one year of business.
Sim Takhar, her husband and her parents decided to launch the venture in a building bought by them 20 years ago.
“Hackney Road was coming on so much and it was a great place to be, and it felt like we were ready to have a store like that,” said Sim, a documentary photographer.
“It’s a varied mix of modern contemporary art but the style is to cater for that new age art collector if you like.
“We have a really eclectic mix of artists, from emerging artists to well established artists who have worked on big projects over the years. We’ve gone from having no artists at all to building it up throughout the year and now I’ve got just over 30. Its refreshing to think that all these artists are really wiling and open minded to work with a new gallery.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests and artists celebrated the year milestone at the gallery.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts