Hackney road rage driver shouts ‘f*****g foreigner, go back to your country’ hours after Brexit
- Credit: Archant
Shocking footage shows one driver shouting “f*****g foreigner, go back to your country” to another just hours after the EU Referendum result.
The road rage incident at the junction of Leaside Road and Theydon Road, Upper Clapton, was caught on camera by passer-by Shulem Stern.
It shows a Volkswagen driver getting out of his car and remonstrating with a minicab driver, who he accuses of swearing at him.
Shulem said: “This was a disgusting racist incident which shocked me, I literally couldn’t believe what I had heard.
“It does worry me and make me wonder if the Brexit campaign, which was so focused on immigration, has had a bad influence on some people.”
You may also want to watch:
Since the result of the referendum, more than 100 hate crimes have been reported to police across the country, and a Polish supermarket in Homerton is said to have been targeted by vandals, who also abused staff.
Hackney police are investigating the road rage incident.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition