Hackney road rage driver shouts ‘f*****g foreigner, go back to your country’ hours after Brexit
- Credit: Archant
Shocking footage shows one driver shouting “f*****g foreigner, go back to your country” to another just hours after the EU Referendum result.
The road rage incident at the junction of Leaside Road and Theydon Road, Upper Clapton, was caught on camera by passer-by Shulem Stern.
It shows a Volkswagen driver getting out of his car and remonstrating with a minicab driver, who he accuses of swearing at him.
Shulem said: “This was a disgusting racist incident which shocked me, I literally couldn’t believe what I had heard.
“It does worry me and make me wonder if the Brexit campaign, which was so focused on immigration, has had a bad influence on some people.”
You may also want to watch:
Since the result of the referendum, more than 100 hate crimes have been reported to police across the country, and a Polish supermarket in Homerton is said to have been targeted by vandals, who also abused staff.
Hackney police are investigating the road rage incident.
- 1 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 4 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 5 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 6 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 9 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 10 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site