Hackney road rage driver shouts ‘f*****g foreigner, go back to your country’ hours after Brexit
- Credit: Archant
Shocking footage shows one driver shouting “f*****g foreigner, go back to your country” to another just hours after the EU Referendum result.
The road rage incident at the junction of Leaside Road and Theydon Road, Upper Clapton, was caught on camera by passer-by Shulem Stern.
It shows a Volkswagen driver getting out of his car and remonstrating with a minicab driver, who he accuses of swearing at him.
Shulem said: “This was a disgusting racist incident which shocked me, I literally couldn’t believe what I had heard.
“It does worry me and make me wonder if the Brexit campaign, which was so focused on immigration, has had a bad influence on some people.”
Since the result of the referendum, more than 100 hate crimes have been reported to police across the country, and a Polish supermarket in Homerton is said to have been targeted by vandals, who also abused staff.
Hackney police are investigating the road rage incident.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life