Hackney road rage driver shouts ‘f*****g foreigner, go back to your country’ hours after Brexit
- Credit: Archant
Shocking footage shows one driver shouting “f*****g foreigner, go back to your country” to another just hours after the EU Referendum result.
The road rage incident at the junction of Leaside Road and Theydon Road, Upper Clapton, was caught on camera by passer-by Shulem Stern.
It shows a Volkswagen driver getting out of his car and remonstrating with a minicab driver, who he accuses of swearing at him.
Shulem said: “This was a disgusting racist incident which shocked me, I literally couldn’t believe what I had heard.
“It does worry me and make me wonder if the Brexit campaign, which was so focused on immigration, has had a bad influence on some people.”
You may also want to watch:
Since the result of the referendum, more than 100 hate crimes have been reported to police across the country, and a Polish supermarket in Homerton is said to have been targeted by vandals, who also abused staff.
Hackney police are investigating the road rage incident.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta