Hackney’s Broadway Market set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
Broadway Market is set to reopen this week using a coronavirus-secure plan.
Having been closed since the UK went into lockdown in March, the shopping destination is due to reopen on August 8 from 10am.
There will be 50 traders with stalls following a “six-point Covid-secure trading plan”, which includes using empty stalls to help social distancing, restrictions on selling hot food, encouraging all customers to wear face masks, and making hand sanitiser available.
Cllr Guy Nicholson, cabinet member for Hackney’s street markets said: “As we all adjust to the coronavirus ‘new normal’, Hackney is determined to support the local community, reopen for business and do it safely.
“But it falls on all of us to be aware by remembering to keep your distance, wear a face mask and make sure that we regularly clean our hands.”
You may also want to watch:
Broadway Market is Hackney’s final famous market to reopen.
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 9 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate