Hackney’s Broadway Market set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
Broadway Market is set to reopen this week using a coronavirus-secure plan.
Having been closed since the UK went into lockdown in March, the shopping destination is due to reopen on August 8 from 10am.
There will be 50 traders with stalls following a “six-point Covid-secure trading plan”, which includes using empty stalls to help social distancing, restrictions on selling hot food, encouraging all customers to wear face masks, and making hand sanitiser available.
Cllr Guy Nicholson, cabinet member for Hackney’s street markets said: “As we all adjust to the coronavirus ‘new normal’, Hackney is determined to support the local community, reopen for business and do it safely.
“But it falls on all of us to be aware by remembering to keep your distance, wear a face mask and make sure that we regularly clean our hands.”
You may also want to watch:
Broadway Market is Hackney’s final famous market to reopen.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London