Hackney’s Five Points Brewing Company buys Pembury Tavern – the pub that sits on the junction it’s named after
- Credit: Archant
Five Points brewery has bought the legendary boozer that sits on the junction it is named after.
Individual Pubs Ltd sold the Pembury Tavern to the brewers this afternoon. It is located at the five-point junction linking Dalston Lane to Pembury Road, Amhurst Road, and Lower Clapton Road. The pub, built in the 1860s, was restored in 2006 following a fire.
It has been a pioneer in establishing a craft beer following in Hackney.
Richard Naisby, managing director of Individual Pubs, the pub group associated with Milton Brewery, said: “The Pembury Tavern has been a fantastic pub for us over the years, but when we were approached by The Five Points about a possible sale, the geographical sense was difficult to ignore. Five Points Brewery is based within 100 yards of the Pembury Tavern.”
He added: “We are proud to have brought so much to the renaissance of good beer in Hackney.”
You may also want to watch:
The Five Points Brewing Company was founded five years ago by two Hackney residents, and has become a brewing giant, producing over two million pints of beer annually.
Ed Mason, co-founder and managing director at Five Points, said: “The Pembury Tavern has pioneered the appreciation of real ale and great beer in Hackney for generations, and we’re really excited to be able to take the reins at this legendary boozer.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
Cambridge-based Milton Brewery has negotiated a 12-month supply deal with Five Points.