Hackney’s Five Points Brewing Company buys Pembury Tavern – the pub that sits on the junction it’s named after
- Credit: Archant
Five Points brewery has bought the legendary boozer that sits on the junction it is named after.
Individual Pubs Ltd sold the Pembury Tavern to the brewers this afternoon. It is located at the five-point junction linking Dalston Lane to Pembury Road, Amhurst Road, and Lower Clapton Road. The pub, built in the 1860s, was restored in 2006 following a fire.
It has been a pioneer in establishing a craft beer following in Hackney.
Richard Naisby, managing director of Individual Pubs, the pub group associated with Milton Brewery, said: “The Pembury Tavern has been a fantastic pub for us over the years, but when we were approached by The Five Points about a possible sale, the geographical sense was difficult to ignore. Five Points Brewery is based within 100 yards of the Pembury Tavern.”
He added: “We are proud to have brought so much to the renaissance of good beer in Hackney.”
You may also want to watch:
The Five Points Brewing Company was founded five years ago by two Hackney residents, and has become a brewing giant, producing over two million pints of beer annually.
Ed Mason, co-founder and managing director at Five Points, said: “The Pembury Tavern has pioneered the appreciation of real ale and great beer in Hackney for generations, and we’re really excited to be able to take the reins at this legendary boozer.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Cambridge-based Milton Brewery has negotiated a 12-month supply deal with Five Points.