Hackney’s Rising Star accounts for her passion
- Credit: Archant
She has studied in Australia, snow-boarded in Canada, and waitressed in Berlin.
And now Jessamyn Keogh, who moved to Hackney four years ago, has been recognised for her work managing budgets on hit TV series from Downton Abbey to Taboo.
“It was a nice surprise,” said Jess modestly, of the prestigious Production Guild’s Rising Star Award she picked up last month.
“It was good for an accountant to win an award as opposed to an actor, for once.”
Brisbane-bred Jess spent much of her youth on the stage, but a gift for maths led to her trying to combine her love of the creative industry with her business acumen.
You may also want to watch:
Within just a few years in the industry, Jess has worked on a range of series, including E4’s Misfits, ITV’s Downton Abbey and Miss You Already, a film starring Drew Barrymore.
“I love seeing a project going from something to nothing,” says the Mare Street resident, who turned 30 this year.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
“It’s not anywhere near as glamorous as you think. You have to work hard, often 12 hour days, but everyone I work with is really lovely.”
And what about Hackney itself? “I love it. It’s a very interesting borough, which has changed a lot in the time I’ve been there.”
To find out more about the Production Guild, go to productionguild.com