Hackney’s Rising Star accounts for her passion
- Credit: Archant
She has studied in Australia, snow-boarded in Canada, and waitressed in Berlin.
And now Jessamyn Keogh, who moved to Hackney four years ago, has been recognised for her work managing budgets on hit TV series from Downton Abbey to Taboo.
“It was a nice surprise,” said Jess modestly, of the prestigious Production Guild’s Rising Star Award she picked up last month.
“It was good for an accountant to win an award as opposed to an actor, for once.”
Brisbane-bred Jess spent much of her youth on the stage, but a gift for maths led to her trying to combine her love of the creative industry with her business acumen.
You may also want to watch:
Within just a few years in the industry, Jess has worked on a range of series, including E4’s Misfits, ITV’s Downton Abbey and Miss You Already, a film starring Drew Barrymore.
“I love seeing a project going from something to nothing,” says the Mare Street resident, who turned 30 this year.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
“It’s not anywhere near as glamorous as you think. You have to work hard, often 12 hour days, but everyone I work with is really lovely.”
And what about Hackney itself? “I love it. It’s a very interesting borough, which has changed a lot in the time I’ve been there.”
To find out more about the Production Guild, go to productionguild.com