Hackney’s young athletes can pursue sporting dreams with council grants
Talented young athletes in Hackney committed to becoming the best they can be, can apply for a grant to pursue their sporting dreams.
Up to £500 annually is available for successful applicants from Hackney Council’s youth sports fund.
The fund was set up in 2007 with compensation from sportswear company Nike for misappropriation of the council’s logo.
Clubs and coaches can also apply for assistance, and the council has shared out over £125,000 in the past seven years.
Seven individuals have been supported this year, the youngest of whom is 10-year old Remy Mitchell who is part of the Arsenal Football Academy and Middlesex Cricket Club.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for the next round of funding is April 24, for more information see www.hackney.gov.uk/c-sports-grants.htm.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust