Hackney’s young athletes can pursue sporting dreams with council grants
Talented young athletes in Hackney committed to becoming the best they can be, can apply for a grant to pursue their sporting dreams.
Up to £500 annually is available for successful applicants from Hackney Council’s youth sports fund.
The fund was set up in 2007 with compensation from sportswear company Nike for misappropriation of the council’s logo.
Clubs and coaches can also apply for assistance, and the council has shared out over £125,000 in the past seven years.
Seven individuals have been supported this year, the youngest of whom is 10-year old Remy Mitchell who is part of the Arsenal Football Academy and Middlesex Cricket Club.
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for the next round of funding is April 24, for more information see www.hackney.gov.uk/c-sports-grants.htm.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12