Hackney start-up that makes cat bow ties and dog bandanas expanding to New York
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney start-up that makes pet accessories such as cat bow ties and dog bandanas is expanding to New York.
Hiro + Wolf, which also produces embossed poo bag pouches, is in talks with retailers across the pond after a successful year.
Animal lover and former Broadway Market stallholder Bee Friedman, 56, and accessories designer Amy Fleuriot, 33, launched the company in 2013 after striking up a friendship while walking their dogs.
The pair received a £5,000 loan from Start Up Loans and bought materials, printing and marketing before launching their store in Columbia Road.
As well as importing fabrics from Africa, they design their own textiles, which are printed onto organic cotton.
You may also want to watch:
Bee said: "We're incredibly proud of our business. We feel passionate about sustainability and are delighted that we have succeeded in building a business built on ethical values."
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus