Hackney start-up that makes cat bow ties and dog bandanas expanding to New York
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney start-up that makes pet accessories such as cat bow ties and dog bandanas is expanding to New York.
Hiro + Wolf, which also produces embossed poo bag pouches, is in talks with retailers across the pond after a successful year.
Animal lover and former Broadway Market stallholder Bee Friedman, 56, and accessories designer Amy Fleuriot, 33, launched the company in 2013 after striking up a friendship while walking their dogs.
The pair received a £5,000 loan from Start Up Loans and bought materials, printing and marketing before launching their store in Columbia Road.
As well as importing fabrics from Africa, they design their own textiles, which are printed onto organic cotton.
You may also want to watch:
Bee said: "We're incredibly proud of our business. We feel passionate about sustainability and are delighted that we have succeeded in building a business built on ethical values."
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images