Hackney start-up that makes cat bow ties and dog bandanas expanding to New York
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney start-up that makes pet accessories such as cat bow ties and dog bandanas is expanding to New York.
Hiro + Wolf, which also produces embossed poo bag pouches, is in talks with retailers across the pond after a successful year.
Animal lover and former Broadway Market stallholder Bee Friedman, 56, and accessories designer Amy Fleuriot, 33, launched the company in 2013 after striking up a friendship while walking their dogs.
The pair received a £5,000 loan from Start Up Loans and bought materials, printing and marketing before launching their store in Columbia Road.
As well as importing fabrics from Africa, they design their own textiles, which are printed onto organic cotton.
You may also want to watch:
Bee said: "We're incredibly proud of our business. We feel passionate about sustainability and are delighted that we have succeeded in building a business built on ethical values."
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car