Hackney stripper teacher Johnny Anglais ‘rescued boy from Pakistan madrassa’
A former teacher from Hackney, who was reprimanded for starring in adult films, claims he is caring for a boy after he fled a Pakistan madrassa.
Benedict Garrett, who moonlighted as a stripper while teaching at Beal High School in Redbridge, spoke of his shock when the teenager contacted him on Facebook in January asking for help.
The 31-year-old, who uses the pseudonym Johnny Anglais, said the boy had asked to leave after what he believed was a two week visit emerged to be a two year stay at the Islamic school.
Mr Garrett bought his ticket and met him at the airport in February.
He claims he has been paying for and looking after the teenager ever since, and was cleared by Hackney social services to look after him.
You may also want to watch:
The boy, now 17, is living with Mr Garrett outside London.
Mr Garrett, 31, was found guilty of unacceptable professional conduct but left free to continue teaching by the General Teaching Council yesterday (Wednesday).
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
He said he had dipped in and out of work as a naked butler, adult film star and stripper for years, adding that acting naked was a “liberating experience”.