Hackney stripper teacher Johnny Anglais ‘rescued boy from Pakistan madrassa’
A former teacher from Hackney, who was reprimanded for starring in adult films, claims he is caring for a boy after he fled a Pakistan madrassa.
Benedict Garrett, who moonlighted as a stripper while teaching at Beal High School in Redbridge, spoke of his shock when the teenager contacted him on Facebook in January asking for help.
The 31-year-old, who uses the pseudonym Johnny Anglais, said the boy had asked to leave after what he believed was a two week visit emerged to be a two year stay at the Islamic school.
Mr Garrett bought his ticket and met him at the airport in February.
He claims he has been paying for and looking after the teenager ever since, and was cleared by Hackney social services to look after him.
You may also want to watch:
The boy, now 17, is living with Mr Garrett outside London.
Mr Garrett, 31, was found guilty of unacceptable professional conduct but left free to continue teaching by the General Teaching Council yesterday (Wednesday).
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
He said he had dipped in and out of work as a naked butler, adult film star and stripper for years, adding that acting naked was a “liberating experience”.