Hackney stripper teacher Johnny Anglais ‘rescued boy from Pakistan madrassa’
A former teacher from Hackney, who was reprimanded for starring in adult films, claims he is caring for a boy after he fled a Pakistan madrassa.
Benedict Garrett, who moonlighted as a stripper while teaching at Beal High School in Redbridge, spoke of his shock when the teenager contacted him on Facebook in January asking for help.
The 31-year-old, who uses the pseudonym Johnny Anglais, said the boy had asked to leave after what he believed was a two week visit emerged to be a two year stay at the Islamic school.
Mr Garrett bought his ticket and met him at the airport in February.
He claims he has been paying for and looking after the teenager ever since, and was cleared by Hackney social services to look after him.
You may also want to watch:
The boy, now 17, is living with Mr Garrett outside London.
Mr Garrett, 31, was found guilty of unacceptable professional conduct but left free to continue teaching by the General Teaching Council yesterday (Wednesday).
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
He said he had dipped in and out of work as a naked butler, adult film star and stripper for years, adding that acting naked was a “liberating experience”.