Hackney stripper teacher Johnny Anglais ‘rescued boy from Pakistan madrassa’
A former teacher from Hackney, who was reprimanded for starring in adult films, claims he is caring for a boy after he fled a Pakistan madrassa.
Benedict Garrett, who moonlighted as a stripper while teaching at Beal High School in Redbridge, spoke of his shock when the teenager contacted him on Facebook in January asking for help.
The 31-year-old, who uses the pseudonym Johnny Anglais, said the boy had asked to leave after what he believed was a two week visit emerged to be a two year stay at the Islamic school.
Mr Garrett bought his ticket and met him at the airport in February.
He claims he has been paying for and looking after the teenager ever since, and was cleared by Hackney social services to look after him.
You may also want to watch:
The boy, now 17, is living with Mr Garrett outside London.
Mr Garrett, 31, was found guilty of unacceptable professional conduct but left free to continue teaching by the General Teaching Council yesterday (Wednesday).
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
He said he had dipped in and out of work as a naked butler, adult film star and stripper for years, adding that acting naked was a “liberating experience”.