Hackney stripper teacher Johnny Anglais ‘rescued boy from Pakistan madrassa’
A former teacher from Hackney, who was reprimanded for starring in adult films, claims he is caring for a boy after he fled a Pakistan madrassa.
Benedict Garrett, who moonlighted as a stripper while teaching at Beal High School in Redbridge, spoke of his shock when the teenager contacted him on Facebook in January asking for help.
The 31-year-old, who uses the pseudonym Johnny Anglais, said the boy had asked to leave after what he believed was a two week visit emerged to be a two year stay at the Islamic school.
Mr Garrett bought his ticket and met him at the airport in February.
He claims he has been paying for and looking after the teenager ever since, and was cleared by Hackney social services to look after him.
The boy, now 17, is living with Mr Garrett outside London.
Mr Garrett, 31, was found guilty of unacceptable professional conduct but left free to continue teaching by the General Teaching Council yesterday (Wednesday).
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Apothecary: Japanese-inspired small plates combine with Shoreditch vibes
- 3 Housing plan for De Beauvoir estate approved – despite environmental concerns
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 6 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 7 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
- 10 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
He said he had dipped in and out of work as a naked butler, adult film star and stripper for years, adding that acting naked was a “liberating experience”.