Hackney students collect GCSE results
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Students across Hackney are picking up their GCSE results this morning.
Schools will be hoping to top last year’s marks which saw pupils in the borough better the national and inner London average for grades.
In total, 58.8 per cent of students managed the benchmark A* to C grades, including maths and English, in last summer’s exams, compared to 53.4 per cent of pupils nationally.
The highest percentages of students achieving these were at Tayyibah Girls’ School, in Filey Avenue, Stoke Newington, with 100pc and Mossbourne Academy, in Downs Park Road, Hackney Downs, with 87pc.
Five Hackney schools also appear in the top 30 for value-added scores – which is pupil progress calculated by comparing test results for pupils aged 11 with performance in eight GCSE subjects.
You may also want to watch:
Find all your up to date news on GCSE results across the borough here throughout the day.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse