Hackney students collect GCSE results
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Students across Hackney are picking up their GCSE results this morning.
Schools will be hoping to top last year’s marks which saw pupils in the borough better the national and inner London average for grades.
In total, 58.8 per cent of students managed the benchmark A* to C grades, including maths and English, in last summer’s exams, compared to 53.4 per cent of pupils nationally.
The highest percentages of students achieving these were at Tayyibah Girls’ School, in Filey Avenue, Stoke Newington, with 100pc and Mossbourne Academy, in Downs Park Road, Hackney Downs, with 87pc.
Five Hackney schools also appear in the top 30 for value-added scores – which is pupil progress calculated by comparing test results for pupils aged 11 with performance in eight GCSE subjects.
You may also want to watch:
Find all your up to date news on GCSE results across the borough here throughout the day.
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate