Hackney swimmers’ charity challenge
London Fields top for the country.
HACKNEY swimmers can make a splash for charity as they take part in Swimathon 2011.
London Fields Lido, Clissold Leisure Centre in Clissold Road, Stoke Newington, and Kings Hall Leisure Centre, in Lower Clapton Road, are part of the 580-strong nationwide pools raising cash for Marie Curie Cancer Care and the Swimathon Foundation.
Swimmers at London Fields will not want to lose their crown as the best in Britain after having come top of the fundraising across the whole country for the last two years with �26,000.
The event takes place between April 8 and 10 where it is expected 22,000 swimmers will raise more than �2 million.
You may also want to watch:
Individual and team entries to Swimathon 2011 are open until April 6 2011. To enter go online to www.swimathon.org or call 0845 36 700 36.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space