Hackney swimmers’ charity challenge
London Fields top for the country.
HACKNEY swimmers can make a splash for charity as they take part in Swimathon 2011.
London Fields Lido, Clissold Leisure Centre in Clissold Road, Stoke Newington, and Kings Hall Leisure Centre, in Lower Clapton Road, are part of the 580-strong nationwide pools raising cash for Marie Curie Cancer Care and the Swimathon Foundation.
Swimmers at London Fields will not want to lose their crown as the best in Britain after having come top of the fundraising across the whole country for the last two years with �26,000.
The event takes place between April 8 and 10 where it is expected 22,000 swimmers will raise more than �2 million.
You may also want to watch:
Individual and team entries to Swimathon 2011 are open until April 6 2011. To enter go online to www.swimathon.org or call 0845 36 700 36.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 4 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions