Hackney swimmers’ charity challenge
London Fields top for the country.
HACKNEY swimmers can make a splash for charity as they take part in Swimathon 2011.
London Fields Lido, Clissold Leisure Centre in Clissold Road, Stoke Newington, and Kings Hall Leisure Centre, in Lower Clapton Road, are part of the 580-strong nationwide pools raising cash for Marie Curie Cancer Care and the Swimathon Foundation.
Swimmers at London Fields will not want to lose their crown as the best in Britain after having come top of the fundraising across the whole country for the last two years with �26,000.
The event takes place between April 8 and 10 where it is expected 22,000 swimmers will raise more than �2 million.
You may also want to watch:
Individual and team entries to Swimathon 2011 are open until April 6 2011. To enter go online to www.swimathon.org or call 0845 36 700 36.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea