Hackney teen Kagan will battle it out on The Voice
- Credit: Archant
A Hoxton teenager is going to battle it out on The Voice tomorrow night, when he goes head to head with his peer - who is also being mentored by Kaiser Chiefs’ lead singer Ricky Wilson.
Kagan Fage-Burgin, 19, will sing King’s song Years and Years with Dave Barnes on the BBC talent show, and Wilson will have to choose between them.
The show’s formula sees four coaches –Paloma Faith, will.i.am, Wilson and Boy George - listen to the contestants audition, in chairs facing away from the stage to avoid seeing them.
If a coach likes what they hear they press a button to rotate their chair to show they want to work with them – and Wilson has been mentoring both Kagan and Dave since they made it through the blind auditions.
Kagan told The Gazette: “I am going to be strong and do the best that I can, hopefully I will be better than the other singer.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing being mentored by Ricky, he is so down to earth, he’s just a cool guy.
He gives a lot of feedback, he understands singers, he knew where our voices were and how we can improve it, I was shocked how he came to know all of it.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web