Hackney teen Kagan will battle it out on The Voice
- Credit: Archant
A Hoxton teenager is going to battle it out on The Voice tomorrow night, when he goes head to head with his peer - who is also being mentored by Kaiser Chiefs’ lead singer Ricky Wilson.
Kagan Fage-Burgin, 19, will sing King’s song Years and Years with Dave Barnes on the BBC talent show, and Wilson will have to choose between them.
The show’s formula sees four coaches –Paloma Faith, will.i.am, Wilson and Boy George - listen to the contestants audition, in chairs facing away from the stage to avoid seeing them.
If a coach likes what they hear they press a button to rotate their chair to show they want to work with them – and Wilson has been mentoring both Kagan and Dave since they made it through the blind auditions.
Kagan told The Gazette: “I am going to be strong and do the best that I can, hopefully I will be better than the other singer.
“It’s amazing being mentored by Ricky, he is so down to earth, he’s just a cool guy.
He gives a lot of feedback, he understands singers, he knew where our voices were and how we can improve it, I was shocked how he came to know all of it.”
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 4 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 5 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 6 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 7 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney