Hackney teen Kagan will battle it out on The Voice
- Credit: Archant
A Hoxton teenager is going to battle it out on The Voice tomorrow night, when he goes head to head with his peer - who is also being mentored by Kaiser Chiefs’ lead singer Ricky Wilson.
Kagan Fage-Burgin, 19, will sing King’s song Years and Years with Dave Barnes on the BBC talent show, and Wilson will have to choose between them.
The show’s formula sees four coaches –Paloma Faith, will.i.am, Wilson and Boy George - listen to the contestants audition, in chairs facing away from the stage to avoid seeing them.
If a coach likes what they hear they press a button to rotate their chair to show they want to work with them – and Wilson has been mentoring both Kagan and Dave since they made it through the blind auditions.
Kagan told The Gazette: “I am going to be strong and do the best that I can, hopefully I will be better than the other singer.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s amazing being mentored by Ricky, he is so down to earth, he’s just a cool guy.
He gives a lot of feedback, he understands singers, he knew where our voices were and how we can improve it, I was shocked how he came to know all of it.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets