Hackney Wick community hub to open
- Credit: Archant
A new temporary space in Hackney Wick will open its doors on Sunday.
BBC’s Eastenders star Maddy Hill, who has supported the project, will make an appearance at theopening ceremony of Hub67.
There will also be free arts activities, games and mulled wine with mince pies.
An ideas session will be held for people to voice the activities they would like to see at the hub. These activities could range from stay and play sessions for younger children, fitness, sport and art activities, to career advice, employment skills, mentoring and life coaching
Hub 67, based at 67 Rothbury Road, next to Frontside Skate Park, will be run by ‘Team 67’ and be governed by a steering group made up of local residents and businesses with the aim that the facilities will be transferred to a more permanent space.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme has been led by residents in response to community demand.
Hub67 has been made with recycled cabins used in the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 7 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate