Hackney Wick community hub to open
- Credit: Archant
A new temporary space in Hackney Wick will open its doors on Sunday.
BBC’s Eastenders star Maddy Hill, who has supported the project, will make an appearance at theopening ceremony of Hub67.
There will also be free arts activities, games and mulled wine with mince pies.
An ideas session will be held for people to voice the activities they would like to see at the hub. These activities could range from stay and play sessions for younger children, fitness, sport and art activities, to career advice, employment skills, mentoring and life coaching
Hub 67, based at 67 Rothbury Road, next to Frontside Skate Park, will be run by ‘Team 67’ and be governed by a steering group made up of local residents and businesses with the aim that the facilities will be transferred to a more permanent space.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme has been led by residents in response to community demand.
Hub67 has been made with recycled cabins used in the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition