Hackney woman charged with murder of 91-year-old man
De Beauvoir resident Melanie Cole is due to appear in court today (Monday)
A Hackney woman is due to appear in court accused of murdering a 91-year-old man at his home in Tottenham.
Melanie Cole, 49, of Culford Road, De Beauvoir, has been charged with the murder of William Reilly and will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today (January 10).
Mr Reilly’s son arrived at his home in Tower Gardens Road on December 29 to find his father seriously injured.
The elderly man, who was a retired builder, was taken to the Royal London Hospital where he died on Thursday (January 6) as a result of his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination on Friday gave the cause of death as trauma to the head and pneumonia.
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 4 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 5 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 6 Trick or Eat returns to help Hackney Foodbank
- 7 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 8 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney