Hackney woman charged with murder of 91-year-old man
De Beauvoir resident Melanie Cole is due to appear in court today (Monday)
A Hackney woman is due to appear in court accused of murdering a 91-year-old man at his home in Tottenham.
Melanie Cole, 49, of Culford Road, De Beauvoir, has been charged with the murder of William Reilly and will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today (January 10).
Mr Reilly’s son arrived at his home in Tower Gardens Road on December 29 to find his father seriously injured.
The elderly man, who was a retired builder, was taken to the Royal London Hospital where he died on Thursday (January 6) as a result of his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination on Friday gave the cause of death as trauma to the head and pneumonia.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition