Hackney woman charged with murder of 91-year-old man
De Beauvoir resident Melanie Cole is due to appear in court today (Monday)
A Hackney woman is due to appear in court accused of murdering a 91-year-old man at his home in Tottenham.
Melanie Cole, 49, of Culford Road, De Beauvoir, has been charged with the murder of William Reilly and will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today (January 10).
Mr Reilly’s son arrived at his home in Tower Gardens Road on December 29 to find his father seriously injured.
The elderly man, who was a retired builder, was taken to the Royal London Hospital where he died on Thursday (January 6) as a result of his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination on Friday gave the cause of death as trauma to the head and pneumonia.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home