Hackney woman dies after being hit by a train
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old Hackney woman died after being struck by a train close to Ilford railway station on Saturday.
Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service attended, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to the line close to Ilford railway station on Saturday, May 17 after a report that a woman had been struck by a train.
“Officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police Service attended the incident, which was first reported to BTP at 9.03am.
“The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman’s family has been informed.”
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries