Hackney woman dies after being hit by a train
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old Hackney woman died after being struck by a train close to Ilford railway station on Saturday.
Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service attended, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to the line close to Ilford railway station on Saturday, May 17 after a report that a woman had been struck by a train.
“Officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police Service attended the incident, which was first reported to BTP at 9.03am.
“The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman’s family has been informed.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition