Hackney woman dies after being hit by a train
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old Hackney woman died after being struck by a train close to Ilford railway station on Saturday.
Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service attended, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to the line close to Ilford railway station on Saturday, May 17 after a report that a woman had been struck by a train.
“Officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police Service attended the incident, which was first reported to BTP at 9.03am.
“The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
“The woman’s family has been informed.”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction