Police called over woman’s screaming reaction to EastEnders
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Millions of viewers held their breath last night as the EastEnders whodunit saga reached its dramatic conclusion – but one female viewer screamed so loudly during the tense reveal of Lucy Beale’s killer that her concerned neighbours called the police.
Sgt Richard Berns @MPSBrownswood, based in Hackney, tweeted about the call: “A woman screamed so loudly after the identity of #LucyBeale’s killer was revealed. Her neighbours called the Police. All calm now...”
The woman’s shriek came before Bobby Beale, Lucy’s half-brother, was unveiled as her murderer in a shock twist to one of the BBC soap’s most hyped storylines.
The revelation brought almost a year of speculation into the death of the 20-year-old character to a climactic end.
The 11-year-old boy was not originally listed as one of the prime suspects in Lucy’s murder, which the show had publicised in the build-up to finale.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday’s double episode was part of a week of live shows to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the soap, which follows the lives of east London characters living in fictional Albert Square, based on Fassett Square in Hackney.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities