Police called over woman’s screaming reaction to EastEnders
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Millions of viewers held their breath last night as the EastEnders whodunit saga reached its dramatic conclusion – but one female viewer screamed so loudly during the tense reveal of Lucy Beale’s killer that her concerned neighbours called the police.
Sgt Richard Berns @MPSBrownswood, based in Hackney, tweeted about the call: “A woman screamed so loudly after the identity of #LucyBeale’s killer was revealed. Her neighbours called the Police. All calm now...”
The woman’s shriek came before Bobby Beale, Lucy’s half-brother, was unveiled as her murderer in a shock twist to one of the BBC soap’s most hyped storylines.
The revelation brought almost a year of speculation into the death of the 20-year-old character to a climactic end.
The 11-year-old boy was not originally listed as one of the prime suspects in Lucy’s murder, which the show had publicised in the build-up to finale.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday’s double episode was part of a week of live shows to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the soap, which follows the lives of east London characters living in fictional Albert Square, based on Fassett Square in Hackney.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust