Police called over woman’s screaming reaction to EastEnders
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Millions of viewers held their breath last night as the EastEnders whodunit saga reached its dramatic conclusion – but one female viewer screamed so loudly during the tense reveal of Lucy Beale’s killer that her concerned neighbours called the police.
Sgt Richard Berns @MPSBrownswood, based in Hackney, tweeted about the call: “A woman screamed so loudly after the identity of #LucyBeale’s killer was revealed. Her neighbours called the Police. All calm now...”
The woman’s shriek came before Bobby Beale, Lucy’s half-brother, was unveiled as her murderer in a shock twist to one of the BBC soap’s most hyped storylines.
The revelation brought almost a year of speculation into the death of the 20-year-old character to a climactic end.
The 11-year-old boy was not originally listed as one of the prime suspects in Lucy’s murder, which the show had publicised in the build-up to finale.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday’s double episode was part of a week of live shows to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the soap, which follows the lives of east London characters living in fictional Albert Square, based on Fassett Square in Hackney.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'