Hackney woman who kept dog on balcony banned for five years
A Hackney woman who kept her dog on a balcony in squalid conditions has been banned from keeping animals for five years.
Savanah Spencer made her tan and white Staffordshire bull terrier type dog Soldier live without water in an area measuring just 10ft by 2ft feet that was covered in excrement and exposed to all weathers.
The 24-year-old of Alpha Court, Hassett Road, Homerton, admitted not meeting the welfare needs of her dog at Thames Magistrates Court on Wednesday (March 16), following 18 visits from RSPCA inspectors.
She was banned from keeping animals for five years, given a community service order and made subject to a curfew with electronic tagging for 28 days.
Soldier is now in RSPCA care and will be prepared for rehoming.
You may also want to watch:
RSPCA inspector Imara O’Niocail said: “Leaving dogs on balconies has become commonplace in some areas of London and the RSPCA is advising owners that they must provide their pets with access to adequate shelter, food and water, as a failure to do so could result in prosecution.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant