Hackney woman who kept dog on balcony banned for five years
A Hackney woman who kept her dog on a balcony in squalid conditions has been banned from keeping animals for five years.
Savanah Spencer made her tan and white Staffordshire bull terrier type dog Soldier live without water in an area measuring just 10ft by 2ft feet that was covered in excrement and exposed to all weathers.
The 24-year-old of Alpha Court, Hassett Road, Homerton, admitted not meeting the welfare needs of her dog at Thames Magistrates Court on Wednesday (March 16), following 18 visits from RSPCA inspectors.
She was banned from keeping animals for five years, given a community service order and made subject to a curfew with electronic tagging for 28 days.
Soldier is now in RSPCA care and will be prepared for rehoming.
You may also want to watch:
RSPCA inspector Imara O’Niocail said: “Leaving dogs on balconies has become commonplace in some areas of London and the RSPCA is advising owners that they must provide their pets with access to adequate shelter, food and water, as a failure to do so could result in prosecution.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'