Hackney woman who kept dog on balcony banned for five years
A Hackney woman who kept her dog on a balcony in squalid conditions has been banned from keeping animals for five years.
Savanah Spencer made her tan and white Staffordshire bull terrier type dog Soldier live without water in an area measuring just 10ft by 2ft feet that was covered in excrement and exposed to all weathers.
The 24-year-old of Alpha Court, Hassett Road, Homerton, admitted not meeting the welfare needs of her dog at Thames Magistrates Court on Wednesday (March 16), following 18 visits from RSPCA inspectors.
She was banned from keeping animals for five years, given a community service order and made subject to a curfew with electronic tagging for 28 days.
Soldier is now in RSPCA care and will be prepared for rehoming.
You may also want to watch:
RSPCA inspector Imara O’Niocail said: “Leaving dogs on balconies has become commonplace in some areas of London and the RSPCA is advising owners that they must provide their pets with access to adequate shelter, food and water, as a failure to do so could result in prosecution.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes