Hackney Youth Parliament hopefuls hit the campaign trail
- Credit: Archant
Campaigning is under way as over 40 young people are vying to be part of the next Hackney Youth Parliament.
Over 40 candidates are standing for election and will be canvassing over the next weeks in youth clubs and schools.
Previous Youth Parliaments have created campaigns to tackle stereotypes and to raise awareness of child sexual exploitation.
They also helped to create the UFest Festival of Youth Arts in the Queen Elizabeth Park.
Hackney South candidates will present their manifesto statements at the Forest Road Youth Hub on Monday from 5pm to 7.30pm. Hackney North candidates will make an appearance at The Edge Youth Hub in Woodberry Down on Wednesday October 21 at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
To book a place email email@example.com.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest