Hackney Youth Parliament hopefuls hit the campaign trail
- Credit: Archant
Campaigning is under way as over 40 young people are vying to be part of the next Hackney Youth Parliament.
Over 40 candidates are standing for election and will be canvassing over the next weeks in youth clubs and schools.
Previous Youth Parliaments have created campaigns to tackle stereotypes and to raise awareness of child sexual exploitation.
They also helped to create the UFest Festival of Youth Arts in the Queen Elizabeth Park.
Hackney South candidates will present their manifesto statements at the Forest Road Youth Hub on Monday from 5pm to 7.30pm. Hackney North candidates will make an appearance at The Edge Youth Hub in Woodberry Down on Wednesday October 21 at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets