Hackney Youth Parliament hopefuls hit the campaign trail
- Credit: Archant
Campaigning is under way as over 40 young people are vying to be part of the next Hackney Youth Parliament.
Over 40 candidates are standing for election and will be canvassing over the next weeks in youth clubs and schools.
Previous Youth Parliaments have created campaigns to tackle stereotypes and to raise awareness of child sexual exploitation.
They also helped to create the UFest Festival of Youth Arts in the Queen Elizabeth Park.
Hackney South candidates will present their manifesto statements at the Forest Road Youth Hub on Monday from 5pm to 7.30pm. Hackney North candidates will make an appearance at The Edge Youth Hub in Woodberry Down on Wednesday October 21 at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney