Haggerston brain injury charity hosting 20th birthday bash this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney brain injury charity will celebrate 20 years and the conclusion of its fundraising challenge tomorrow.
The Birthday Bash, a free event featuring workshops, talks, street food and a raffle, will take place at the headquarters in Kingsland Road, Haggerston.
The event will also bookend the 20-day fundraising challenge to raise £20,000, aimed at helping the charity to develop its projects for 2018, as it is currently running its services at a deficit.
CEO Anthony Bonfil said: “Headway has grown significantly since its establishment 20 years ago and has supported thousands of brain injury survivors and their families across east and north London.
“People who come into contact with Headway East London often comment on its ‘specialness’; that’s because it is truly a ‘special place’, where everyone is valued and feels fulfilled.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place from 1pm to 7pm and is free, with voluntary donations.
To support the fundraiser, click here.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 10 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside