Haggerston brain injury charity hosting 20th birthday bash this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney brain injury charity will celebrate 20 years and the conclusion of its fundraising challenge tomorrow.
The Birthday Bash, a free event featuring workshops, talks, street food and a raffle, will take place at the headquarters in Kingsland Road, Haggerston.
The event will also bookend the 20-day fundraising challenge to raise £20,000, aimed at helping the charity to develop its projects for 2018, as it is currently running its services at a deficit.
CEO Anthony Bonfil said: “Headway has grown significantly since its establishment 20 years ago and has supported thousands of brain injury survivors and their families across east and north London.
“People who come into contact with Headway East London often comment on its ‘specialness’; that’s because it is truly a ‘special place’, where everyone is valued and feels fulfilled.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place from 1pm to 7pm and is free, with voluntary donations.
To support the fundraiser, click here.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London