Haggerston brain injury charity hosting 20th birthday bash this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney brain injury charity will celebrate 20 years and the conclusion of its fundraising challenge tomorrow.
The Birthday Bash, a free event featuring workshops, talks, street food and a raffle, will take place at the headquarters in Kingsland Road, Haggerston.
The event will also bookend the 20-day fundraising challenge to raise £20,000, aimed at helping the charity to develop its projects for 2018, as it is currently running its services at a deficit.
CEO Anthony Bonfil said: “Headway has grown significantly since its establishment 20 years ago and has supported thousands of brain injury survivors and their families across east and north London.
“People who come into contact with Headway East London often comment on its ‘specialness’; that’s because it is truly a ‘special place’, where everyone is valued and feels fulfilled.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place from 1pm to 7pm and is free, with voluntary donations.
To support the fundraiser, click here.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 8 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'