Haggerston brain injury charity hosting 20th birthday bash this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A Hackney brain injury charity will celebrate 20 years and the conclusion of its fundraising challenge tomorrow.
The Birthday Bash, a free event featuring workshops, talks, street food and a raffle, will take place at the headquarters in Kingsland Road, Haggerston.
The event will also bookend the 20-day fundraising challenge to raise £20,000, aimed at helping the charity to develop its projects for 2018, as it is currently running its services at a deficit.
CEO Anthony Bonfil said: “Headway has grown significantly since its establishment 20 years ago and has supported thousands of brain injury survivors and their families across east and north London.
“People who come into contact with Headway East London often comment on its ‘specialness’; that’s because it is truly a ‘special place’, where everyone is valued and feels fulfilled.”
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place from 1pm to 7pm and is free, with voluntary donations.
To support the fundraiser, click here.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images