Haggerston brain injury charity launches emergency fundraiser after huge losses from Covid-19 lockdown
- Credit: Headway East London
A Haggerston brain injury charity has launched an emergency fundraiser to help combat the “huge loss of income” suffered as a result of Covid-19.
Headway East London launched its Home Not Alone campaign to raise funds on May 5.
The charity has had to rapidly adapt its services in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic to ensure its vulnerable members, at risk of further illness and isolation, get the support they need.
Headway East London Chief Executive Anthony Bonfil said: “These are unprecedented times, and I’m hugely proud of the way our team has responded on behalf of our members.
Like others across the sector we’ve suffered significant loss of income as a result of Covid-19 at a time in which our members need us more than ever. The Home Not Alone campaign highlights the ways we’re working to keep our wonderful community together and supported even from afar.”
You may also want to watch:
Donations will help pay for crisis intervention and daily welfare calls, activity packs, one-to-one counselling and therapy sessions for those at risk of deterioration, emergency deliveries of food medicine and other essentials and online projects.
To watch the charity’s fundraising video click here
To donate to Headway East’s Just Giving Campaign click here
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers