Harry Kane can’t wait to see where Spurs’ journey ends up next after committing long-term future to the club
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Walthamstow-born forward signed a new six-year contract on Friday and feels the future is bright for Tottenham Hotspur
Harry Kane is excited to see where Tottenham Hotspur’s journey will go next after he committed his future to Spurs until the summer of 2024.
The England forward signed a new six-year contract last Friday (June 8) and doubled his monthly wages as a result.
It occurred weeks after boss Mauricio Pochettino agreed a new, improved five-year deal and two of the club’s most influential figures are now tied down long-term.
With Spurs heading into their new stadium this season, it seems the future is bright for the Lilywhites.
After signing his new deal, Kane spoke to the official club website, he said: “I’m really excited.
“It’s a proud day and obviously it’s been a great few seasons, so I’m looking forward to the future.
- 1 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 2 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 3 Police launch probe into Stamford Hill flat blaze
- 4 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
“The future is bright at this club and that’s the most important thing. Going into the new stadium with a great young squad, I’m just excited to keep on the train and see where it can go.”
Tottenham fans will be delighted to read Kane’s comments and he is expected to be the first of a number of high-profile players to pen new terms with the club this summer.
Club captain Hugo Lloris, Jan Vertonghen, Eric Dier, Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli are all set to be rewarded with new contracts and Spurs will hope to finalise those deals in the coming weeks.
It has been a wonderful few years for the Lilywhites, even if their quest for silverware has so far been unsuccessful, as they have qualified for the Champions League for three consecutive years.
Spurs have reached the FA Cup semi-finals in both of the last two seasons and it does seem the team is getting closer to a major honour.
Pochettino will hope he can achieve success in the club’s new stadium and Kane can’t wait to help Tottenham push on over the next few years.
The Spurs striker said: “It’s been fantastic to consistently get in the Champions League.
“With the Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup we just want to go as far as we can and for us as a club we want to keep improving and we will work hard to do that.”
There is no doubt having Kane in their team will boost Tottenham’s hopes of winning a major trophy and you can be sure he will give everything to try and bring silverware back to White Hart Lane.