Harry Kane can’t wait to see where Spurs’ journey ends up next after committing long-term future to the club
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Walthamstow-born forward signed a new six-year contract on Friday and feels the future is bright for Tottenham Hotspur
Harry Kane is excited to see where Tottenham Hotspur’s journey will go next after he committed his future to Spurs until the summer of 2024.
The England forward signed a new six-year contract last Friday (June 8) and doubled his monthly wages as a result.
It occurred weeks after boss Mauricio Pochettino agreed a new, improved five-year deal and two of the club’s most influential figures are now tied down long-term.
With Spurs heading into their new stadium this season, it seems the future is bright for the Lilywhites.
You may also want to watch:
After signing his new deal, Kane spoke to the official club website, he said: “I’m really excited.
“It’s a proud day and obviously it’s been a great few seasons, so I’m looking forward to the future.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
“The future is bright at this club and that’s the most important thing. Going into the new stadium with a great young squad, I’m just excited to keep on the train and see where it can go.”
Tottenham fans will be delighted to read Kane’s comments and he is expected to be the first of a number of high-profile players to pen new terms with the club this summer.
Club captain Hugo Lloris, Jan Vertonghen, Eric Dier, Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli are all set to be rewarded with new contracts and Spurs will hope to finalise those deals in the coming weeks.
It has been a wonderful few years for the Lilywhites, even if their quest for silverware has so far been unsuccessful, as they have qualified for the Champions League for three consecutive years.
Spurs have reached the FA Cup semi-finals in both of the last two seasons and it does seem the team is getting closer to a major honour.
Pochettino will hope he can achieve success in the club’s new stadium and Kane can’t wait to help Tottenham push on over the next few years.
The Spurs striker said: “It’s been fantastic to consistently get in the Champions League.
“With the Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup we just want to go as far as we can and for us as a club we want to keep improving and we will work hard to do that.”
There is no doubt having Kane in their team will boost Tottenham’s hopes of winning a major trophy and you can be sure he will give everything to try and bring silverware back to White Hart Lane.